Foolproof Ways to Heal Quickly from a Facelift
- Posted on: Mar 15 2015
Facelift surgery is a delicate procedure, but you have a role to play in the success of your facelift. You’ll need to carefully follow your post-surgery instructions to maximize your results.
At the Plastic Surgery Group of Rochester, we advise facelift patients to take the following steps to promote quick healing:
- Elevate your head while sleeping for at least two weeks post-surgery by using two pillows or a recliner. This will help reduce the swelling that is common following surgery.
- Wearing compression garments on the head and neck also help to minimizing swelling. In some cases, drains may be used in lieu of compression garments.
- Bruising following surgery is also common and can be reduced with cold compresses. Taking arnica supplements can also help with bruising.
- Although rest is important following surgery, we encourage patients to do some easy walking around the house during the first few days to promote circulation. However, you need to totally avoid strenuous activities and any heavy lifting.
- Steam rooms, saunas, or facemasks that promote facial flushing should be avoided until the incisions have fully healed.
Patience is a virtue!
During personal consultations, we emphasize the importance of patients having patience following a facelift. It may take a couple of months before the bruises completely disappear. Swelling may last longer than you expect, too.
Let us help you plan for your facelift! Call 585-922-5840 to schedule an appointment today.
Posted in: Facelift