Recovering from Tummy Tuck
A protruding belly that does not go away even with regular exercise and a strict diet is a problem for many people. Abdominal skin and muscles that are stretched out because of pregnancy give women headaches, too. Fortunately, excess fat and skin can be removed and abdominal muscles can be tightened through abdominoplasty, a procedure commonly known as tummy tuck. Here at our Rochester plastic surgery practice, you can have a better figure through abdominoplasty. To hasten recovery and enjoy optimal results, you have to follow post-procedure instructions provided by your plastic surgeon.
Below are common post-procedure instructions given to patients who undergo abdominoplasty.
- Stay hydrated and drink lots of water while you recover.
- Keep a low sodium and healthy diet.
- Rest as much as you can.
- As instructed, you may gently massage the abdominal area to promote fluid circulation.
- Use cold compress if instructed by your plastic surgeon.
Wear compression garment as advised by your surgeon. The garment holds tissues close to your body and helps your skin adjust to the abdomen’s new contour. Wearing the compression garment minimizes chances of having sagging skin after tummy tuck as well. It also helps minimize swelling, hastening your recovery.
- Take a week or two off from your work depending on what kind of job you have.
- Return to your regular activities gradually.
- Avoid exercise and strenuous activities for the first six weeks. You also have to avoid activities that may cause injuries to the abdomen.
Abdominoplasty can improve the contour of your body and make you feel better about yourself. By following all post-operative instructions provided by your surgeon, you can have a quicker and more comfortable recovery.
If you are interested in improving body contour through tummy tuck, request an appointment with us today by calling 585-922-5840 or filling out this online contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!