Did you know that October is Positive Attitude Month? Exercise is a great way to create a positive attitude. Feeling better, boosting your health, and having fun are all possible with exercise and physical activity. According to the US Department of Health and Human Services, most healthy adults should follow the following exercise guidelines:
- Aerobic activity. Participate in 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity each week, or a combination of both. According to the guidelines, you should perform this exercise multiple times weekly. A minimum of 300 minutes of exercise a week can help to provide additional health benefits, aid in weight loss, or maintain weight loss. Physical activity is beneficial even in small amounts. Even short periods of physical activity throughout the day can benefit your health.
- Strength training. Aim to do strength training exercises for all major muscle groups twice weekly. Perform one set of each exercise at a weight or resistance level that tires your muscles after 12 to 15 repetitions.
Activities such as brisk walking, bicycling, swimming, and lawn mowing are moderate aerobic exercises. Exercises such as lifting weights, using your body weight, carrying heavy bags, and using resistance tubing can contribute to strength training. Running, heavy yardwork and aerobic dancing are examples of vigorous aerobic exercise.
You may need to increase your moderate aerobic activity to lose weight or achieve specific fitness goals. Consult your doctor before starting a new exercise program if you have chronic health problems like heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, or any concerns about your fitness.
Exercise and Plastic Surgery: Positive Attitude Month
Positive Attitude Month takes place in October. As we celebrate this holiday, we acknowledge the benefits of keeping a positive attitude when facing difficult or frustrating situations.
Plastic surgery improves mood. According to research published in Clinical Psychological Science, patients who undergo plastic surgery may experience greater joy, satisfaction, and confidence afterward.
To make the most of this month, follow these tips:
- Set some goals for yourself: Whether getting in shape, eating better, or trying a new skincare routine, make sure you have some objectives in mind.
- Get prepared: If you start working out, get all the gear you need and find a good workout plan. If you’re planning on getting any surgery, make sure you do your research and find a reputable surgeon.
- Be positive: This is the essential part! No matter what you’re doing this month, make sure you approach it with a positive attitude. This will help you stay motivated and make the most of the month.
Improve Your Appearance and Attitude
Do you exercise but still feel unsatisfied with your appearance? We can help. Give us a call at (585) 922-5840. We have the best plastic surgeons in Rochester, NY, and look forward to seeing you.