Maintaining Liposuction Results
Every year thousands of people elect to get a liposuction procedure done. Liposuction is such a sought after surgery because of the way it can instantly get rid of fat that diet and exercise can’t seem to. Not only does it get rid of the underlying fat, but it completely eliminates the fat cells, which makes it more difficult to regain fat in that spot. But if you’re not careful, results can easily be undone within the first 2 years after the procedure! Below are some helpful guidelines to make sure you give your body the best chance of maintaining results for a longtime.
Eating healthy can not only help keep your weight down, but can help slow down the signs of aging that can bring back the fat and cause skin to sag. Making sure not to eat too much while also eating healthy is simple: just eat foods that are high in water content, but contain a lot of nutrients. Some great choices include:
- Watermelon, cantaloupe, or any type of melon fruit
- Crunchy, green vegetables like broccoli, celery and lettuce
- Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries – any berries!
- Citrus Fruit
These foods are not low in calories, but are full of antioxidants and moisturizing water. The perfect combination to keep weight down, skin moisturized and firm!
Working out is especially important for both weight maintenance and aging as well. Doing strength exercise with light weight, or your own body weight as in pilates and yoga, can firm up those trouble areas, and prevent future sagging. Adding in cardio to help keep the fat away can include activities as simple as fitting in walks whenever you can, or adding some of these suggestions to your day:
- Take the stairs when you can – is possible go up and down a few times to get an extra calorie burning boost!
- While you’re watching your favorite shows, fit in some cardio by getting up during commercials to do jumping jacks, squats, jump rope or crunches.
- If you are online or on the computer a lot, set a timer for every 30 minutes or hour. Get up and do 3-5 minutes of cardio or strengthening exercises.
Adding these simple activities will keep weight down, and also slow down the signs of aging which can include fat gain and sagging skin.
Get a Routine
A beauty routine that is! There are many products out there that can help keep your trouble spots from sagging or getting loose and undoing your liposuction results. Look for creams containing caffeine and collagen – two great firming agents, and keep skin moisturized!
It is possible to maintain liposuction results for years to come! With some careful steps and some small tricks you can keep your figure looking great for the rest of your life.