Did you know that eyelid surgery, also called blepharoplasty, is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures performed today? That’s because it has a fairly comfortable recovery, immediate results that continue to improve with time, and many people will notice your refreshed, rested appearance but will have no idea that you had work done unless you tell them you did.
Read on to learn more about eyelid surgery and why it may be right for you.
- Eyelid surgery takes care of sagging lids that may be impairing your vision as well as under-eye puffiness, all of which can make you look tired and older than you actually are.
- Many men and women, usually in their 40s and older, can benefit from eyelid surgery. The skin starts to droop as we age and muscles that support the eyelids start to weaken.
- Eyelid surgery consists of removing excess eyelid skin and fat, tightening the muscles and removing under-eye bags.
- Upper eyelid surgery consists of making an incision in the natural crease of the fold of the eyelid and removing excess skin and correcting puffiness. Lower eyelid surgery consists of making an incision in the lower lash line or behind the lower lid in some cases and removing saggy and excess skin, removing bags and smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles.
- Eyelid surgery is an outpatient surgery that can be done in less than two hours, unless it’s being performed in conjunction with other procedures such as a brow lift, face lift or skin rejuvenation.
- Patients enjoy immediate results that continue to improve as redness, swelling and bruising subside over a few weeks after surgery. Scars can take up to six months or longer to fade but become barely visible as they are designed to be mostly hidden in the natural crease of the upper eyelid and along the lash line. This is fantastic if you don’t want people to know that you’ve had work done.
If you’re interested in learning whether you are a candidate for eyelid surgery, call (585) 922-5840 for a consultation.