Botox gets all the attention for smoothing out lines and wrinkles, but dermal fillers have grown in popularity because they can fill the lines and wrinkles that Botox can’t, and they help fill out hollowed areas in the cheeks and temples to give you a more youthful appearance. Read on to learn more about dermal fillers and why you should check them out.
- Dermal fillers treat different wrinkles than Botox. Botox can treat dynamic wrinkles, which are wrinkles that form in the skin over a contracting muscle when you smile, frown, laugh or squint. Dermal fillers treat static wrinkles, which are wrinkles that are caused by aging and environmental factors and are always present. Dynamic wrinkles can become static over time.
- Dermal fillers can smooth out smile lines and expression lines and fill cheek areas that have lost volume. They can treat under-eye bags caused by aging. They are often used to correct jowls, which is the heaviness at the jawline and chin area. Dermal fillers are often used to smooth lip lines and wrinkles and restore youthful fullness to thin lips.
- There are several dermal filler “families” that treat different lines and wrinkles and volume loss. Restylane fillers and Juvederm fillers are made up of hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring substance in the skin. These fillers address the loss of volume in the lips, and tackle wrinkles and folds in the lower and middle part of the face.
- Just like Botox, dermal fillers are FDA-approved injectable products that deliver temporary results. Depending on the type of filler used and the location, results can last anywhere from six months to over two years.
- Botox and dermal fillers are often used together to achieve optimal results, and they can be combined with other treatments and procedures to achieve a more youthful, rejuvenated look.
- Botox and dermal fillers are popular because they require no downtime. Most patients return to work and their regular activities immediately after treatment.
If you’re interested in learning more about dermal fillers and whether they would be right for you, schedule a consultation today by calling (585) 922-5840.