Motherhood is certainly one of the greatest joys in a woman’s life. However, pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding may actually take its toll physically on the woman’s body. Majority of women post-childbirth often find it difficult to restore their pre-baby body weight despite strict adherence to diet and exercise. Good thing there’s a Mommy Makeover!
What’s exactly a Mommy Makeover?
By and large, a Mommy Makeover is a collective term of surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures aiming to improve or restore a woman’s body and overall appearance following childbirth. Each Mommy Makeover plan is different as each woman have their own set of post-childbirth issues as well as aesthetic preferences.
Common Post-Childbirth Issues Addressed by a Mommy Makeover
The following post-childbirth issues are commonly addressed by the highly experienced plastic surgeons here at our Rochester plastic surgery practice:
- droopy and/or deflated breasts
- separated or loose abdominal muscles
- stretch marks
- spider veins
- stubborn pockets of fat such as love handles, muffin top
Possible Procedures Incorporated in a Mommy Makeover
As mentioned earlier, each Mommy Makeover treatment can be designed to personally tailor to each woman’s goals and needs. The following procedures are commonly performed during a Mommy Makeover:
- Liposuction – There are various types of liposuction out there but the procedure’s ultimate goal is to suction out excess fat cells from various parts of the body. Common target areas in a Mommy Makeover include the stomach, hips, buttocks, arms, and thighs.
- Breast Lift/Breast Augmentation with Implants – A breast lift can improve sagging and make droopy breasts appear perkier but will not improve its shape and size. On the other hand, breast implants (either saline or silicone) can help improve the size and shape of sagging breasts.
- Tummy Tuck – Also known as abdominoplasty, this procedure can also tighten the abdominal muscles and remove excess abdominal skin for a more well-toned, flatter, and firmer stomach.
- Non-surgical treatments such as Botox, dermal fillers, chemical peels, and laser treatments
Planning for Your Mommy Makeover at the Rochester Plastic Surgery
Allow us to help you regain your pre-baby body back! Call us at (585) 922-5840 or fill out this contact form to schedule a consultation today. We look forward to your visit!