If you’ve been wanting a curvier figure or a rounder backside that fills out your jeans, then you’ve probably wondered if a Brazilian butt lift is right for you. Here are seven things you should know about this popular cosmetic surgery procedure that combines liposuction with augmentation to give you the backside you desire.
- A Brazilian butt lift consists of harvesting your own fat through liposuction. This fat is taken from an area with unwanted fat from somewhere else on the body. The fat is then purified to remove all except the autologous fat cells, which are then injected into the buttocks to sculpt a more svelte figure.
- Some of the more popular places where fat is harvested include the lower abdomen, lower back, waist, flanks and thighs.
- There is no set amount of fat that is harvested. It all depends on your goals and how much volume you want to add to your buttocks. Your surgeon will need to harvest more fat than will be necessary to ensure the highest quality fat cells are used.
- A Brazilian butt lift has a much higher success rate than an implant surgery as implants can shift and move out of position, causing a multitude of unwanted issues. Direct pressure can impede the effectiveness of surgery.
- This outpatient surgery takes 2-4 hours to perform since it is a two-step procedure.
- After surgery, you will need to avoid sitting or lying on your buttocks for at least three weeks. This is to ensure that the transferred fat cells develop an adequate blood supply.
- Most patients return to work after about two weeks and return to other normal activities after a month.
If you’ve been wanting a curvier behind that you can flaunt in clothing and swimsuits, then set up a comprehensive consultation by calling (585) 922-5840 today.